D'BLOG

The Blog of Dabido (the Baka one). Everything in this blog is copyrighted. Copyright 2004, 2005, 2006 by D. Stevenson.

01 June, 2005

Five Questions Episode V - The Empires Bike Pack

Link to Episode IV (with links to previous episodes) Five Questions from Jojo: 1. How wary are you of donation-seekers? How much would you donate to a blind man selling Braille bookmarks? I am very wary of donation seekers. I used to donate to charities, but if someone comes to my door, or asks for donations in the street, I usually won't give to them. I've done volunteer work for organisations (I'm doing some for the Police and Citizen Youth Group at present), and I think my time is better than if I was to give the cash. 2. Is there a single body part you would like to replace? What and Why? I'd replace my stomach because I have a lot of food intolerances and allergies, which my Doctor was explaining had a bit to do with the sensors in my stomach. Replacing it would stop me getting sick whenever I ate certain foods. (I hope) 3. If you were the Prime Minister of Australia, how will you make a difference? Oh boy! This is a large can of worms. First of all, I'd impliment a "Bill of Rights" which guarantees freedom for all, and fair trials for all. I'd get rid of any loop hole brought in regarding the "Terrorist" type thing, where they can search your home without a warrant, and hold you without charge. I think it's just a ploy for them to remove peoples human rights. Second, removal of Mandatory Detention for Asylum seekers. Third, reconciliation with the Indiginous population. It doesnt' take much to say your sorry, and there are educatin and health issues which need to be fixed. Fourth, I'd find a way to desalinate water and get it to the countryside to remove all possibilities of drought (and make the systemto pump water out of the flood plains too, so the opposite doesn't occur). Fifth, plant forests to help replace the 90% of native rainforests which have been cut down. Sixth, fix the scheme that is currently in place for the unemployed. It doesnt' work and wastes unemployed peoples time. A lot of it is just an excuse for slave labour for the Government. There is even more. So much that I better stop here. If I gaveit even more thought, I'd be here for over a week I think. 4. What turns you on most in a woman? Just ONE answer! Think about it. Personality. If you can't stand a person, you'll never last the distance in a relationship. I have dated some very attractive women and I've dated some whom my friends have told me are "ugly", (they weren't actually that bad) but at the end of the day, almost everyone has agreed that my GF's generally are nice people who you can hold a decent conversation with. Eventually everyone gets old and wrinkly and their bodies are probably going to be pretty ugly looking, so you need to find something about them which will turn you on other than physical appearance. Personality is about the only trait I can think of which will make a person attractive that isn't physical. 5. What do you think of Kylie Minogue? Normally I don't think about her. :-) But, I hope her battle with cancer is successful and that she can return to her successful career. Even though I admit I am not a great fan of hers (having no albums), I think she is a remarkable person who has made a great career for herself in the UK. More power to her. As a musician, I know people don't make it because of accidents. Good careers come through careful planning.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Five Questions from Azmeen: 1) In your opinion, what action is the minimum definition of "having an affair"? Personally, I'd say making out with someone. Just giving them a friendly kiss or something is probably normal, but if both of the people have a make out session, then that's an affair (minimum). 2) If you were to have one superpower which you can only for 10 seconds, what superpower would you choose and how will you use it in that time? A superpower which could remove hatred from peoples hearts from everyone on earth. The ten seconds means I could only use it that once, but I am hoping once is enough. It basically places everyone back on 'square one' with everyone else. I am hoping that it will take a long time before people can start to build up anger and hatred again, and in that time, the rest of the people will realise how good it is to be without hate and will try to make the world move in that direction. 3) What is the most annoying thing to you? Probably me making mistakes. I know everyone makes mistakes, but I find it a lot easier to forgive other people when they are not perfect. When I am not perfect, it really hits me hard. 4) If you were to ever go into business, what will it be? First choice, Music Business. (Or writing or Artist/painter) Successful Stockmarket Investor would be nice. Like Warren Buffet. But as they say, "If you want to become a millionaire on the stock exchange, start as a Billionaire" :-) 5) How would you define "mental prostitution"? Hmmm, hadn't really thought about it, but I'd say it would be to use ones mental faculties to exhort a position that one does not necessarily believe is true in order to profit. The profit could come from either someone paying you to take that stand (as in some politicians who will support a bill because someone is paying them); or the profit could come from a gain the person/company will make themselves. For example, I met a guy who worked for Philip Morrison - the tabacco company. He refused to look at any medical study which said that Smoking was harmful to peoples health. If he had read any such report, it would mean the company was aware of such findings, and would then be responsible for the harm the product was doing to consumers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Five Questions from Dr Buck: 1. Do you have a definition of happiness? If so, what is it? Happiness - the feeling of being cheerful inside. 2. Ben'n'Jerry call you for advice – what ice-cream flavour/concoction do we really need? I'd like to see a Mint Choc-chip with real banana and Rambutan pieces in it. Mainly as they are my favourites. Not sure if they'd work together too much though. :-) Might be a disaster, but I'm willing to give it a go. 3. When watching a movie at the cinema, do you have a preferred sitting location (e.g. 3 rows from screen, centred)? Why/why not? being short, I prefer an aisle seat, so that if someone taller than me sits in front, I can stick my head into the aisle and still see the movie. I try to sit as close to centre as I can, and I prefer towards the back of the cinema. I once had to sit in the very front row (as the cinema was packed full) and at the end of it, we all had really bad necks from having to look almost directly up at the screen. (There were about eight of us went that night. It was that Demi Moore, Rob Lowe movie - About Last Night. It doesn't take an Einstein to figure out that one of the girls chose the movie! There was a scene in the movie when Demi said, "I love you" and Rob Lowe replies, 'I love you too" and one of the guys I was with went "Oh, geeees!" at the top of his voice and the entire cinema cracked up!) :-) 4. Is there a place on this big blue dot called Earth, other than where you spent your childhood, that makes you feel at “home”? Discuss. I spent my childhood in Amberley, Penang, Perth, Adelaide and Sydney. I have no home! lol Actually, I normally feel at home almost anywhere. I have a wanderers spirit though. I always wish to be somewhere else, and I never want the moment to end. {I know that contradicts, but it's what I feel.} Florence was one of my favourite place son Earth though. There is something magical about that town. I'm not sure what it is, but you can feel the genius there. It produced some great artist and historical figures, Raphael, Michaelangello, Leonardo Da Vinci, Machiavelli, Galileo, Amerigo, just to name a few. I've vowed to get back there one day. (After I get to Japan though.) 5. Given the chance, what element of the “human condition” would you elminate? Why? Depression. It's the mind killer. You can continue functioning through almost any other emotion, but when you get to the point that you feel there is no point, then you are lost.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As per the rule 4 ... here are the rules: The Official Interview Game Rules (copied to be passed on) 1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying “interview me.” 2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person’s will be different. 3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions. 4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post. 5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.