D'BLOG

The Blog of Dabido (the Baka one). Everything in this blog is copyrighted. Copyright 2004, 2005, 2006 by D. Stevenson.

01 October, 2005

Kookaburras (aka The Laughing Jackass)

This is a picture I took the other day of my and my guitar ... accustic steel string! (Yes, the fatboy can play!) Not really much else I can say - just a simple guitar, with the usual ol'; guitarist etc etc Not the best photograph of a blue kingfisher - my brother took this photo this morning. I heard him and my mther virtually screaming 'Oh, isn't it beautiful! ' and other stuff - deliberately to get me out of bed. So, I got out of bed to see what it was. Pitty my brother didn't get a better angle, as it was VERY blue, but he caught it head on, and you really only see the white of his front and stuff. The Blue Kingfisher was scared off by two kookaburras who flew into the garden. I raced off to get my camera to take a picture of the kingfisher and when I came back, this was what I saw. So I took a photo of these laughing jackass's instead. :-) This one was sitting on my brother's car - the other one was on the roof of the house. I tried to sneak up on them to get some better shots, but they flew off into a nearby tree. I then got as close as I could to the tree and took my next shots of them. Which shows how overcast the day was. It was also drizzling slightly.