D'BLOG

The Blog of Dabido (the Baka one). Everything in this blog is copyrighted. Copyright 2004, 2005, 2006 by D. Stevenson.

21 June, 2005

How I Once Lost 2 kg each week.

Well, I commented on someone else's blog regarding losing 2 kg a week. Back in 1996 I did exactly that. It was during my allergy testing, and I'm going to quickly go through some of the diet. First of all, they call it an elimintion diet, I've also heard of it being called a TOTAL EXCLUSION DIET. Sound ominous ... well it should. First of all, I did this with a dietitian. I am not a dietition, so if you try this diet, please consult one. I am NOT in any way advising you to do this. If you choose to do this, then you do so at your own risk. I might add, that I got to keep my meal diary, as I was the ONLY person the dietitian said had ever completed it without cheating. I was pretty happy about it. The reason I didn't cheat on the diet is due to the THREE DAY SYMPTOM free period needed between testing each allergy. I knew that I'd have to start waiting for 'Three symptom free days' after cheating. Apparently, other people used to cheat as they'd go to weddings or birthdays or something, and they'd think, "Um, I'll jast have a litel piece of cake" or something. They'd behave as though the food was unavoidable. I just used to turn up at parties and go, "NOPE! Cant eat it!" Well, here is a very quick and dirty version of the diet: First of all, all dairy products are OUT, so you need to take some calcium tablets to ensure you don't get a deficiency. Also, take a multi vitamin to suppliment your intake too. When doing it for allergy reasons, I had to have specific brand (with allergy free capsules and stuff). If you're just doing this to lose weight, then take any. Next - Rice is permitted, but NOT Wild, Jasmine or Basmati Rice! All out! Rice Bubbles are in, along with all other rice products - plain rice cakes, rice noodles etc etc. (No falvours with the noodles though) Wheat is also in - along with weet bix, special K and other wheat cereals. BUT out are any with fruit in them (such as Sultana Bran etc). Spaghetti and Pasta is in. Breads are in - provided there are no dried fruit, corn, or preservatives etc. Fruit - only SKINNED PEARS - these can be canned, provided they are in sugar syrup NOT natural juices. Vegetables - Potatoes (WHITE OR BROWN), Choko, Swedes, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Celery, Lettuce (Ice berg only), Green beans, mungbean sprouts, bamboo shoots, leeks, shallots, chives, parsley (no tabouli), Garlic, Canned or drid legumes. If you eat meat (which I don't) then you are allowed, Beef, Veal, Lamb, Rabbit, or skinless chicken (How do they grow them without the skin?) :-) White fish, Crab, Lobster, Calamari, Sea Scollops. Fresh eggs. Tofu, soya milk, Vanilla tofu ice cream. Any plain water - includes soda, mineral, spring etc as long as it is PLAIN. Also, tonic water, one 250ml glass of lemonade a week, soy milk, rice milk, decafinated coffee, gin, vodka, whisky. Milk free anti oxidant free margarines from sunflower, safflower, or canola oil. Canola, soy, sunflower, safflower oils. Salt, baking powder, bicarbinate of soda, citric acid, cream of tatar, gelatine, vanilla essence, bakers yeast, poppy seeds, saffron., sugar, golden syrup, maple syrup, malt extract, home made pear jam, Cashew nut paste, carob, SOME marshmellows and four white jelly beans a day. Raw Cashews - plain potato chips (only a little) THAT'S IT. Anything on that list, or anything you can make using ingredients on that list are allowed. You can eat as much as you like. After a while I got into a routine where I was making the same thing for breakfast, lunch, dinner etc. Remember, I've stuck this here as it was the diet I lost 2kg a week on. Try it at your own risk, but if you do, and you lose weight, then please tell me about it. (Don't use this if you are already thin or trying to gain weight! If you are trying to gain weight, eat MORE JUNK FOOD! but consult a dietitian!) :-) When my weight got down to 63kg, it stabilised. I started off at 85kg, so I lost 20kg in ten weeks. Not bad for a diet which wasn't about losing weight at all. Oh, and pear jam - this is a quick recipe I used to use - 1 x 1kg of sugar - 1 x 850g tin of pears - chuck them in a saucepan and boil and mash them till it starts to thicken and look like jam (well, mashing will only take a short while). I used to give this stuff away (so it might have even been good ... no one ever complained about it!) :-) If you're not on the diet, and you want to make jam, that might be a good way to make your favourite flavour ... like, chuck a Durian in with 1kg of sugar and boil! Durian flavoured jam ... and what an aroma! :-) Oh, I forgot to mention, keep your exercise up as well. I was coaching American Football at the time, and I used to go to training with my old team and do all the training exercises. Plus I was still lifting weights. So, I was really only exercising one day a week ... still, I got to lose 2kg a week. Hmmm, makes me want to go back and do it all again ... except I have two pizzas in the freezer still! :-)