D'BLOG

The Blog of Dabido (the Baka one). Everything in this blog is copyrighted. Copyright 2004, 2005, 2006 by D. Stevenson.

30 June, 2005

Change of Plan

Quick Change of Plan - Yes, i know I said I was going to Europe - but after more careful consideration I realised something - staying and doing th job will allow me to acheive one of my life long goals - to finish the Arts Degrees (Plural) which I had started a few years back. When I was younger I wasn't allowed to pursue an Arts Degree. My teachers said I was TOO SMART and said I should be a Doctor or Lawyer. My parents said that ART was no good - becuase Art isn't a real job. (GEES! First time I was published was when i was in Year TEN! Well, the book with my poem in it came out when I was in Year 11 ... so I guess technically I was first published when in Year 11) So it's NOT like I was lacking talent at the time. Anyway - four movies, several bands, one published poem and work with theatre companies and as a studio musician ... and FINALLY I can pursue the Arts Degreee I've always wanted! It removes the uncertainty that an Artistic life has (like - what project am I working on next) as I will have a steady income while still pursuing my artistic goals on the two to three days I have off. (As well as studying and still having a weekend!) Woo hoo! It's been a long and weird ride to get to where I am today - my ex-wife never wanted me to pursue art either (having to give up my music career for her - only to have her run off with another guy!) This time - no compromise! Art Degrees all the way! Four Art Degrees and One Genreal Studies Degree coming up! Two years to go provided I don't fail any subjects! Woo hoo~! Best of all, I won't be selling any more equities to make ends meet! So, I have the best of both worlds - a little money - and a little time to myself! I might have to eat a pizza tomorrow night to celebrate! (And I make GREAT PIZZA). Still on the agenda is a couple of quick trips to Sydney and KL (Malaysia) - if I get the chance in the near future a quick trip to Japan ... no make it a LONG trip to Japan will be nice! Hopefully with my art in tow and my own band! Woo Hoo! First Subject I will pursue! Exploring Painting! Have to choose a second subject to do as well! Indonesian and Italian aren't available this semester. Second subject Philosophy, Morality and Society! Don't you love it! ;-)