D'BLOG

The Blog of Dabido (the Baka one). Everything in this blog is copyrighted. Copyright 2004, 2005, 2006 by D. Stevenson.

24 March, 2005

Which religion am I?

You scored as Buddhism. Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Buddhism. Do more research on Buddhism and possibly consider becoming Buddhist, if you are not already. In Buddhism, there are Four Noble Truths: (1) Life is suffering. (2) All suffering is caused by ignorance of the nature of reality and the craving, attachment, and grasping that result from such ignorance. (3) Suffering can be ended by overcoming ignorance and attachment. (4) The path to the suppression of suffering is the Noble Eightfold Path, which consists of right views, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right-mindedness, and right contemplation. These eight are usually divided into three categories that base the Buddhist faith: morality, wisdom, and samadhi, or concentration. In Buddhism, there is no hierarchy, nor caste system; the Buddha taught that one's spiritual worth is not based on birth.

Buddhism

83%

Christianity

79%

Hinduism

63%

Satanism

63%

Paganism

58%

Judaism

58%

Islam

54%

agnosticism

25%

atheism

25%
Which religion is the right one for you? (new version) created with QuizFarm.com
Okay, Someone explain this one to me? As most of my friends know, I am pretty much a practicing Christian (with two Theology Certificates and the option of becoming Ordained as a Pastor if I wish to start my own ministry). Now, admittedly, I always refered to myself as a Christian with Buddhist leanings (having been a Buddhist for a while in High School - till I started to have major problems with some of the beliefs). I blame my parents for all those trips to the "Sleeping Buddha Temple" in Penang. Let's face it, my parents are Athiests, so why were we always visiting the same Temple? Why didn't we get to visit the snake temple with all the snakes? That would have been cool. I think there is a possibility that the Quiz was more skewed towards Christian Fundamentalist Right-Wingedism (which leaves us Christian Left people out in the cold!) Not that I would consider myself Christian Liberal (which in many intances is just a person being apostate and using the title "Christian" as a way to label themselves). People in that situation should just be honest and call themselves "Confused" or something. I noticed Taoism didn't even get a mention in the quiz! How will my Taoist friend Corey do when he does the Quiz? Is it possible the developers of the Quiz didn't check to see the similarities between a lot of Jesus and Buddha's teachings? (Gee's, there have been plenty of books written on the subject). Well, I'll stop raving about Religion now. Time to start complaining about the STOOOPID Government again! yes, I know I've written many a time on the fact that Perth lacks Power and Water! The fact that the Government claimsit's a Privaledge and not something guaranteed! Yes, this has come about because ONCE AGAIN WE'VE BEEN LEFT WITHOUT ELECTRICITY FOR HOURS AND HOURS! Not once but a few times this week. WHO'S GOING TO PAY FOR MY SPOILED FOOD YOU GOVERNMENT B@$T@RD$~!~!!!!!!! Yes, in Perth, people are supposed to conduct business with no electricity. In the modern world, where Computers are a Necessity, the stooopid Governments (both Federal and State) claim electricity is a privaledge. Well, I say this to them! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A FIRST WORLD NATION! YOU CAN'T DO BUSINESS WITHOUT IT! Electricity HAS become a necessity! If you think it is a privaledge, then get Western Power to cut the power in the CBD and the Rich FRIGGIN' areas first. Then see how long before you decide to fix the stooopid issue! If your Friggin' electricity was forever being switched off, you'd be up in friggin' arms! In Dante's inferno, he described Hell as having Burning Heat and Darkness! Guess where I was the other night! It was over 32 Friggin' degrees Celcius (hitting 43 here during the day!) and we had NO ELECTRICITY for friggin' lights or for Friggin' airconditioning/fans etc! It was Friggin' HOT and Friggin' Dark! No wonder I couldn't sleep, I'd been sent to Friggin' Hell by the Friggin' State Government! How would you like me to blind you and roast your nuts? As that's what you friggin' doing to us! Pull your Friggin' Fingers out and fix the problem! NOW! End of Rant!