D'BLOG

The Blog of Dabido (the Baka one). Everything in this blog is copyrighted. Copyright 2004, 2005, 2006 by D. Stevenson.

01 June, 2006

Five Questions from Wuching

1)what do u really really want for ur birthday & why? Well, I have a six page list I give my family. I really don't care what I get as long as it is on that list. It's mainly CD's, DVD's and books. All less than $30. I'm pretty happy with everything else I own. Once I got my Cello I didn't really have any other BIG purchase I felt I really need any more. [Because I already own the Fender Strat Guitar and Computer and other things]. I'm pretty content with what I have! :-) But, finding a nice GF or becoming a full time musician again would be wonderful. 2)if u have a chance to do it, would u rather be 21 or 41 & why? 21, provided I can know what I know now. My poor bodies wearing out a little and I'm gettin old and fat. When I was 21 ... well, I was young, fit etc etc. If I had to have my memory erased to be 21 again, then I guess I would probably stay where I am! :-) 3)some west australians think wa should separate fro the rest of oz, what do u think? Let me lay some ground work first before I answer that question. Since returning to WA, I've encountered some pretty weird prejudice. I couldn't get a job at first as people here kept telling me I hadn't worked in Perth, and they didn't like people from Sydney. I remember a few people (like one of my younger brothers) claiming that it wasn't fair that the rest of Australia weren't thinking about people in Perth. As I pointed out to anyone who made that comment, no one in Perth is really thinking about the people in the rest of the states either. For instance people in Tasmania don't make those sorts of complaints. Everyone's busy getting on with their own lives. It is a little weird to expect others to spend part of each day thinking about a specific city of Australia. There is also this strange belief in WA, that WA makes 90% of Australia's revenue, which is weird, as when I was in Sydney, the NSW and Victorian Premiers used to complain that their states were footing the 'bill' so to speak for the lesser earning states. I often wonder if Queensland and Tasmania make similar claims. Or even South Australia with their Uranium and Copper mines! So, I think maybe WA succeeding from the rest of Australia might be a good idea. It might bring things a little into persepective. I think a lot of the 'inferiority complex' exhibited by some of the people in Perth is because of the isolation. They really don't have a good handle on what is happening in the Eastern States. I don't think it will hurt either WA or the rest of Australia, but it might make them appreciate each other more. It would also mean that WA could do some things that are a little more experiemental than the rest of Australia and get it away from some of the Federal Governments worse policies [such as mandatory detention], (though, it could result in the Government here also implimenting some stupid policies). But, my belief in the succeeding isn't for the reasons that some people state, like the 90% of Australia's revenue coming from here or anything. I think anyone succeeding for that reason will be in for a nasty shock. 4)both ur beloved wife & mother r drowning, which 1 do u save if u can only save 1 & why? How much are the insured for? :-) Just kidding. Actually, I thought it through for a long while ... and then thought of that joke above! lol But, knowing me, if it was a split second decision, I probably would try to save both and possibly it would be whoever is closest who gets saved first, or just pure chance. It really comes down to the situation. So, I'd really have no idea until actually confronted with the situation. 5)if u could be reborn as any race of ppl u choose, what race would u rather be & why? Well, as I'm of mixed heritage (mainly white, but with Chinese, Vietnamese, black and others thrown into the mix), I think a nice mixed heritage is good. Though, it also depends on where you get born. I know that in some places they are prejudiced against asians, other places prejudice against whites and other places prejudiced against blacks ... so, chosing a race would also mean chosing a suitable location so as NOT to be in a minority which is being persecuted. I'd hate to get reborn into the wrong location ... and I think that's the real problem. So, mixed race in a nice neighbourhood where no one cares what your background is. :-) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- As per the rule 4 ... here are the rules: The Official Interview Game Rules (copied to be passed on) 1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying “interview me.” 2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person’s will be different. 3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions. 4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post. 5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.