D'BLOG

The Blog of Dabido (the Baka one). Everything in this blog is copyrighted. Copyright 2004, 2005, 2006 by D. Stevenson.

31 May, 2006

Five Questions From Laksa

Five Questions from Laksa 1. Given the choice between being captain of the USS Enterprise or a Jedi knight, which would you choose and why? I'd be the Captain of the Enterprise. Even though Yoda and the later Obe Wan are pretty kewl, a lot of th eother Jedi Knights are dorks, and I really don't think I could put up with Jar Jar Binks for too long without demonstrating my light sabre skills on hsi head! :-) Though the Enterprise may not have the magic of 'The Force' and some other things, it does have highly competent crew and always seems to be destined for some adventure somewhere. :-) 2. If you could turn back time, which world historical event would you change and why? This is a very good question ... I'm having trouble thinking of an answer, as I'm not sure what I could change that would not end up disrupting other things that ended up for the good of people. I mean, I could go back in time and save someone like Steve Biko, or Martin Luther King Jr. etc, but the problem is, even though their deaths were great injustices, the fall out from thir deaths were to raise awareness of their individual causes. So, going back and changing something somewhere could actually work out worse for all in the long run. I can't really think of any event at present that didn't have some lesson for man kind to learn from. So, at present, maybe none, we probably wouldn't be here discussing what we could change, as the world would be a whole different place and maybe some of our ancestors would never have meet and mated and stuff and there would be six billion different people on the planet now, or worse, maybe the world would have destroyed itself or something. Better to try to improve the world we have than to hope to change the world that could have been. I believe it was Sun Tzu who said, 'In times of war prepare for peace, and in times of peace prepare for war.' I think the fundamental idea behind that, is to prepare for things we know maybe coming up so that we are not caught unawares. If we extend that to the rest of the our lives, then we should be preparing for things like natural disasters and have things in place to reduce damage, or to provide aid whenever they occur. 3. If you had only one day left to live (touchwood), what would you want to do before you "go"? There probably isn't enough time to fly to Florence and visit it again, nor any other place on earth ... so, I'd probably try to write as much as I can, and record as much of my music as I can before I leave. That way, at least there is soem sort of legacy of my art to leave behind. 4. A genie grants you 3 wishes - what would they be? First, one million more wishes! :-) Or, if the genie doesn't allow that, then maybe these:
  1. Great Wisdom - the sort which would allow me to see things in the world as they are, and to know how to manipulate them for the good of mankind.
  2. A loving wife who is intelligent, artistic and loves me for being me. [Which is probably a big ask!] :-)
  3. The Intelligence [Intelligence is difference to Wisdom] to understand most complex things and to be able to put into practice ways to benefit the human race.
The first one I would use in the political arena in order to avoid the people of the planet from killing themselves off, and I would use to to bring in an age of peace and goodwill. Hopefully it will benefit everyone on earth so that there will no longer be any poverty, hunger or wars. Second one, because every great person on earth needs loving support, and so would I. Third one, as I can see it as a benefit to colonise Mars, or use technologies in order to benefit places that need better land management (to feed people), etc etc. 5. Name your fantasy world cup side. (I just can't resist!) Me, You, Terrence, KY, ST, maybe a few other soccer fanatic bloggers and some of my friends from Sydney ... not because we'd be any good, but we'd be able to say we made it to the world cup! :-) Otherwise, using real players ... um ... I think I might play a 4-2-4 formation. Not sure which teams are doing this. My old school team used to play a WW formation 3-2-3-2, which might have worked well if we actually understood the point to it! ;-) Anyway, the Dabiland National team will be: Goalkeeper: Gianluigi Buffon (ITA) [I'd have Edwin Van Der Sar (HOL) as my back-up]. Defenders: Massimo Oddo (ITA), Christoph Metzelda (GER), John Terry (ENG), Gary Neville (ENG) Midfielders: Harry Kewell (AUS), David Beckham (ENG) Forwards: Ronaldinho (BRA), Thierry Henry (FRA), Wayne Rooney (ENG), Andriy Shevchenko (UKR) Manager: Jose Pekerman (ARG) I can't believe I spent about two hours thinking about this one and ended up with a very similar team to your own! lol I'm still nt 100% sure about Gary Neville or Thierry Henry [depends on their form], and kept tossing up whether to replace Neviile with Giovanni Van Bronckhorst (HOL) or Carles Puyol (SPA) and Henry with Ronaldo (BRA) [who never seems to live up to his reputation whenever I see him play], or Ruud Van Nistlerooy (HOL) [who can be absolutely awesome on his good days]. In the mean time, Here is a Great Goal! [Possibly a little lucky!] :-) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- As per the rule 4 ... here are the rules: The Official Interview Game Rules (copied to be passed on) 1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying “interview me.” 2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person’s will be different. 3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions. 4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post. 5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.