D'BLOG

The Blog of Dabido (the Baka one). Everything in this blog is copyrighted. Copyright 2004, 2005, 2006 by D. Stevenson.

30 November, 2005

Last Day of NaNoWriMo

On the NaNoWriMo site, they use a word count verifier to ensure your novel makes the word count. On my software it came to 59,989 or something (I forget exactly how many), and the NaNoWriMo site claims that 60,148 words. So it's added about 200 words for me. If I knew that, I'd have writen only 48,000 words. lol

As I said previously though, my novel is still going, so when it ends, I'll be using my own software to do the word count. I susect it will be over the 100,000 mark.

I have to go through correcting lots of it. I finished it using the Dragon Naturally Speaking software, which allows me to write abotu 2000 words in five minutes (give or take a few), which means you get sentences like:

he speedy to work. face we was lying flat on his back somewhere. Someone was potent in the stick.

Intead of this:

Eddie awoke. He was lying flat on his back somewhere. Someone was poking him with a stick.

So there is still some work to be done, as well as finishing it and all. I just hope the end doesn't upset to many people. lol
------

They had a question today on the NaNoWriMo webpage. They asked Lael Gold a lecturer in literature at UC Berkeley, California, USA this:

Q: Lael, many NaNo participants find that their novels take over their thoughts, day and night. You've had some crazy dreams. Would you stretch out on the NaNo couch and tell us about them?

A: The process of accelerated noveling has definitely affected my dreams. The night following a catch-up day when I'd doubled my regular word count, I dreamed that I encountered a young man in his twenties who, instead of wearing blue jeans, had inked his right leg in blue...

---------

I feel REALLY left out! My novels didn't do that to me ... probably because the Tokyo Gay Hamster Wars is like a surreal dream like thing anyway ... so not much it could do. The official NaNoWriMo novel 'Edmond McCarty's Accident' ... well, that has dream or dream like sequences in it. Maybe that is the secret - or maybe I just write so fast and have most of my ideas worked out in my head well enough that I don't dream any of it. Or maybe I just forget all my dreams.

Anyway, I have to get back to running my business. lol Reduce Oil, reduce oil! lol