D'BLOG

The Blog of Dabido (the Baka one). Everything in this blog is copyrighted. Copyright 2004, 2005, 2006 by D. Stevenson.

17 August, 2005

Dentist Trip

Got to see the Dentist today. I was told to turn up at 8:15 AM to ensure I saw the Dentist. I arrived at 8:05 AM and was the second person there. Didn't seem to matter though. Even though I was second one there, a girl pushed in front of me (making me third). I didn't complain as she seemed to be in absolute agony with her tooth. I was a bit amazed though, that even though I was seen third at reception, I somehow ended up being called sixth or seventh to see a Dentist. This place doesn't take appointments, so I have no idea how people seen after me got in front of me.

Saw the Dentist. She said that all my teeth were fine. No problems. She took an X-Ray of the tooth that I was feeling pain with. She came back, and said the X-Ray showed the tooth was fine. There was a bit where some of the filling had broken off (which is what I'd thought), but she said it didn't matter. The reason I was experiencing pain was that I'd apparently been brushing too hard, and had worn away a little of the tooth near the gum line. She said it wasn't enough to get a filling or anything. It might even repair itself.

She stuck some paste on it (to take the pain away), and sent me on my way. I was very surprised when I was presented with the bill. It was so low, I paid with cash. I had reached to get my Visa card, but when she said the cost, I was amazed. No need to incure an eftpos fee or anything when cash would suffice.

I don't have to see anyone for another nine months now. (Actually, that's their waiting list time). Still, I would have liked to have seen about getting my mercury fillings removed and replaced with plastic ones. I might have to go to another Dental Clinic to see if they'll do it.

On another note, my tooth still hurts!!!!