D'BLOG

The Blog of Dabido (the Baka one). Everything in this blog is copyrighted. Copyright 2004, 2005, 2006 by D. Stevenson.

11 November, 2005

Quick Note

READ THIS VERY VERY FAST!!!
Oooo - quick note. Story should be easy reading so far. I don't think I've written anything that someone over the age of eleven years would have difficulty with. I ran the first chapter past my younger brother to ensure it was pretty easy, and flowed etc. He seemed happy. Anyway, a few people have asked about me entering NaNoWriMo ... don't know why, but I thought it was a Malaysian National contest ... probably because I only heard about it from Malaysian sites and it is a NATIONAL writing contest ... so I assumed Malaysian. BAKA DABIDO!!! What do they say about assuming? No time to tell me, lets get going!!! I also was sure I read on someones site that it was already past the cut off date to register, but reading the NaNoWriMo website is says that it doesn't finish till Novemeber the 25th. So, there is a possibility that I might join. Only, I'm not sure if I should continue with this novel (which is about to turn into a horror flick ... I mean B-Grade Horror flick ... well, maybe not!) Anyway, I'm asking for some reader feedback concerning this. Novel ONE - Edmond McCarty's Accident is basically, well ... something fun i started because i wanted to check out my Novel Writing Software. I've had some stuff happen because ... well the software told me to make it happen (and if I stick it through one of the Text Reading programs, I can honestly say 'The voices told me to do it' wooooooo!) I know a lot of people have wandered here based on my more ... um ... unusual style of writings (aka what I had on Totoro's site and Minishorts site ... and well, the usual stuff [crap] I write here). So, let's have a quick vote. Those who think I need to start one of my more comedic works as an entry to NaNoWriMo please say so, and those who would like to find out what happens next in the Edmond novel please raise your hand ... um, better comment instead I can't see your hands!!! :-) Those who think I should forget the novels and NaNoWriMo and continue with my list (oooo Alien Abduction Saga part III ... wooOOOooOooo Spookie!!!), then please comment. In the case of a tie, I'll have a nervous break down. :-) So, give me some idea as to WHAT the majority of you would like to see me write and if you beleive it is worthy of NaNoWriMo entry. As the Edmond thing was only started like ... two days ago, it certainly qualifies as being started in November. Any new novel would also qualify. QUICK QUICK VOTE. And tell me I'm sexy ... oh, better not, might distract me from my writing duties. Anyway, the Edmond thing is now at 4531 words, so only 45469 to go .. but who's counting ... oh right, NaNoWriMo is!!! Darn!!! Anyway, I'll have to step the whole thing up a little if I want to make the deadline. So VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE - get your friends to vote ... tell your neighbours ... send me money ... okay, i added that bit out of pure hope of making a million. I really am the son of the Nigerian President .. send me your money ... oh wait, we were talking about writing not spaming! Darn!!! I hope you all read that as fast as I typed it ... wahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!